
Trev makes our house so cute for Christmas. I LOVE LIGHTS!

We make gingerbread houses at my moms every year. It was fun, Kinlee really got into it this year, I did the frosting and she did the candy.

About a week before Christmas we took the kids to see Santa, which actually went really smooth. Kinlee told him she wanted a saddle, reins and paints (she got the paints, I really wish she could've got the saddle too, maybe next year). Santa looks real happy to be there huh! Maybe next year Newgate should look for a Santa that's not such a scrooge...

We started having the Christmas Eve party at our house every year, so here's everyone playing a present game...

Here's my Dad and Hayes (my Dad's gonna kill me, but ya know he's single, so if ya know anyone, hint hint)

I get the kids Christmas pj's every year, so here they are opening them. Maybe I'll get really ambitious next year and make us all some (I got a sewing machine for Christmas from my Mom & Steve, now I just need to learn how to use it.. lol)

Here's the kids in their pj's in front of the tree.

Here's what I made for some of our neighbors and friends, 7 sets of these babies... When I first told Trever I wanted to make them he said, I bet you start making them and realize it's too much work and don't finish them. Well you know once he told me that I HAD to finish them. (Although I had originally planned to make more, but 7 will do)

I love reading this book on Christmas Eve. It's another one of my traditions I've started...

FINALLY CHRISTMAS DAY!
Kinlee woke us up about 7:30 so we went downstairs and sure enough Santa had found us, turns out we were all on the nice list this year and there was NO coal! Kinlee was dying to open her present from Trever so she opened it first, it was her bow. When she opened it she goes "Thank you, thank you daddy, it's my favorite, I love you so much" and gave him a hug and kiss. Then we moved on to our Santa stuff where Kinlee got a pink cash register, she loves playing store. Trev and I gave Kinlee a Leapster, with Clifford and Backyardigans games, it seems like she hasn't put it down since. Hayes woke up about 8:30 and got to open his presents, we gave him this sports thing and this animal train thing, he didn't really care though- he just liked the paper. We have a busy day on Christmas (6 places including ours), so our next stop was my mom and Steve's house, where we got to see Kenz for the 1st time that day. I was so excited to get a sewing machine, I bought some material a while ago to make Kinlee a big rag quilt as a bed spread. I'll post pictures on that in a while. Next was Grandma and Grandpa Archibalds (Trever's Grandparents) where we visited and ate a little lunch. Then we were off to Grandpa Talbot's (my Dad) my wonderful dad gave me an ipod dock thing so I can listen to my ipod without the ear things, I LOVE IT! Trev got a boot and glove warmer/dryer. (We were dying to have one of these hunting last fall!) Then we stopped by my Grandma Talbot's to visit and had some pizza. Our final stop was Grandma and Grandpa Hoskins (Trev's parents). Thanks to everyone for such a wonderful day!
Did I mention Santa gave Kinlee some scissors? Well the day after Christmas I was setting up one of Kinlee's toys and hear a cutting noise and don't think much about it until she goes "Mommy look!" Ya, she cut her hair! I got a little upset at the moment but I had to say I was expecting it someday! I figure every little girl does it, it just depends how bad. Thanks heavens it wasn't too bad, actually as time went on I was glad she did it, I've been trying to grown her bangs out and get past this stage of them being in her eyes, but when she cut them I actually liked the bangs, so I scheduled her 1st hair cut to have a good trim and even everything out and now it looks really cute. Now let's just cross our fingers it was the last time...


About a week ago Hayes learned to pull himself up to stand, so now he's really getting into everything and not napping good at all. You put him down to bed and hear him on the monitor laughing. I guess he thinks it's funny to play instead of sleep these days. It's kinda cute though.

K, are you ready for a good laugh. Check out this picture. So I ran out of Cascade and thought I bet it's okay to put a little Dawn in the dish washer. Turns out it wasn't such a good idea. HA HA!!







3 comments:
Awesome pictures! It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Thanks so much for the Nativity Scene! The blocks are so cute! I'm impressed!
I am laughing SO HARD! I did that once too.. I didn't know dawn wasn't suppossed to go in there either! Dish Soap is dish soap isn't it? ha! ha! I need to get a copy of your Nativity Scene... it looks so cute! I want to make me one... do you have a pattern I could get? Loved the photos! I hope you guys had a great Holiday! I love your background too! I'm going to have to check it out! I just got Elements.. so we need to do a scrapbooking night... and teach each other all the tricks!
ha, your post is so cute. little kids are so fun right? :)
Post a Comment